Following significant legislative developments and amendments in recent years, including the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy (2017), the limits of salary sacrifice arrangements (2017), the restrictions on termination payments (2018) and IR35 developments, it is imperative for firms to ensure that employment tax procedures are up-to-date and in alignment with broader tax strategy.
We help our clients manage their tax compliance requirements and reduce unnecessary tax risks. We draw on our good relationship with HMRC and our in-house knowledge and experience, to work with finance, payroll and HR teams and ensure that processes are fully documented for Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) purposes, supporting teams through HMRC reviews, and providing staff training on specific areas of employment taxation.
Hansuke provides a broad range of employment tax services, including:
- Review, advice, improvement and documentation of existing policies and procedures under SAO regulations;
- Support with KYC and additional HMRC compliance reviews;
- Negotiating HMRC disputes and settlements;
- Performing mock employment tax audits using HMRC methodologies;
- Determination of employment status and IR35 issues;
- Determining tax position for expenses and benefits, including P11Ds and PAYE Settlement Agreements;
- Ensuring UK compliance for internationally mobile employees and directors, both short and long term;
- Appointment of non-executive directors and non-UK based directors;
- Tax efficiency of salary sacrifice, exchange and flexible benefit schemes; and
- General compliance on matters including day-to-day payroll queries, apprenticeship levy, termination payments and share options.